What You Need To Do Before The Bad Weather Arrives
Excuse the headline, I’m a really big Game of Thrones fan and I couldn’t help myself! The cold weather is setting in and if you own a home or rent a house there are a few things you need to do. A lot of people here at Sheridan HQ are really feeling the cold so we put together a checklist of what needs to be done in our homes to make winter a little bit more bearable.
- Make sure you have heating oil – there is nothing worse than coming home after a long day to a freezing house because you ran out of oil and it is made worse when you have to bleed the boiler!
- Make sure your fireplace is clean and the chimney has been swept recently.
- Clear the leaves from the gutters outside to avoid any blockages when the rain returns.
- Keep the doors closed to avoid any mice coming in & check for any holes outside that they might be able to get it. These will need to be blocked.
- Check your carbon monoxide alarm to make sure it is in working order. When you are constantly lighting fires and heating radiators you really need to make sure this alarm is working.