We Know Exactly How To Handle This Situation
It really is one of the most awful calls I receive. When one of my clients calls me to say they have been the victim of a house burglary, my heart goes out to them. It’s very traumatic for the family because your house is very special and someone has disturbed it or in some cases trashed it. I look after these situations all the time so I know exactly what you need to do if your home was the target.
What You Need To Do
- Firstly, remain calm and don’t touch anything in the house.
- Call the Gardaí.
- Take photos of everything and pay particular attention to the point of entry.
- When the Gardaí are finished looking around and asking question you can start to tidy your house and see if there is anything missing. In my experience they usually take jewellery and things that are easy to move. They don’t seem to pay much attention to iPads and phones as they can be traced.
- At this stage, if you are our clients please call me on 053 9123122. I will look after everything from this point onwards. I will do my best to take the stress out of this traumatic experience.
- Secure damaged doors and windows after you call me. If your house is burgled at the weekend or at night time it’s really important to secure it until you can get a professional to look at it.
This information is really important this weekend as many of us will be out of the house over the bank holiday weekend.