Party Food Idea’s For Your Family This Friday
So tomorrow is officially the start of Christmas, it’s the Late Late Toy Show! No doubt many of us will be making a night of it for the children. Below are some recipes that can be made at home the night before and are quick to rustle up.
- 450g Minced Beef / Pork / Turkey
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 Clove of Garlic, crushed / chopped
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tbsp Mixed Herbs
- Handful of Breadcrumbs (optional)
- Mix all the above ingredients in a bowl, by hand.
- Shape into burger form, approx 8 burgers depending on what size you want.
- Wrap in parchment paper and leave covered in the fridge until time for cooking.
- Grill or fry.
I serve with potato wedges and side salad or roasted cherry tomatoes; finish the burgers by adding mayonnaise, grated cheese and chopped chives and melt under the grill.
Quick Banoffie Jars
Anytime I buy yoghurt in individual glass jars, I keep them for desserts. It is a good way of portioning dessert. This is a really quick dessert to put together and all elements can be prepared in advance ready to go, except slicing the bananas.
- Digestive Biscuits / Ginger Nuts, Crushed
- 1 Can of Caramel / Boiled Condensed Milk
- Sliced Banana
- Whipped Cream
- Grated Chocolate
- Crush the biscuits.
- Portion out into the jars (I don’t add melted butter, save a few calories)
- Add caramel to each jar, followed by sliced banana.
- Next add some whipped cream.
- Finish with some grated chocolate.
Hope you enjoy your weekend. Next month I will have a few new recipes just in time for Christmas!
Image Source: www.eatout.com.za