This Advice Could Save Your Life
Are you guilty? Are you that person that texts while driving? Or maybe you are adding to your snapchat story behind the wheel? Using your phone while driving is a huge no-no for us in Sheridan Insurances. Not only are you endangering your own life but you are putting other road users at risk. Think about a family in a car on their way to a GAA match or a father on his way home to see his kids, you are putting these people in danger.
- You are 4 times more likely to crash when using your mobile phone while driving.
- Mobile phone usage while driving plays a role in 20% -30% of all road collisions.
- A fine of up to €1,000 is issued for first time offence. All the details here.
How To Make The Difference
Help us to make a difference by following some of the advice below. Also take a look at the video. This is a road safety advert in New Zealand. Reminding you to put your passenger first and drive phone free.
- Put your phone out of reach.
- Pull over safely if you really need to take a call.
- Don’t snapchat while driving.
- Don’t use your smart watch while driving.
- If you are a passenger, don’t let the driver use their phone.