We tasted these and they are amazing!
When craving something sweet at home, in school or in work, it is easy to indulge in sugary snacks full of refined sugars, which we are all guilty of from time to time. Having an interest in healthy living from my sports science background, following a little bit of kitchen experimentation and of course tasting, my Fulfil cookies & cream coated cocoa protein balls are quick and easy to make and are full of nutritious ingredients that will satisfy our hangry bellies when on the go or just in need of a snack between meals.
The addition of Ireland’s own produced protein bars to this recipe, provides my soft protein balls with an added crunch and protein boost, fueling our bodies until our next meal (an excellent study snack for all students sitting exams I may add). And as McGrath from Fulfil nutrition stated, Fulfils is “the ultimate convenient and tasty treat, without any of the residual guilt from a chocolate bar”, which gives a perfect description of my protein balls also.
Following a short car trip to your local shop and peek through your cupboards at home, these protein balls can be prepared in 10 minutes with absolutely no baking involved. See my recipe below and whip up these protein balls with a friend. Ensure your friend’s chocolate melting skills are up to scratch though as my friend had a little hiccup on her first try but succeeded in the end.
- 1 cup of dates
- ½ cup of dried cranberries
- 1 ½ cups of nuts (I used 1 cup of mixed nuts and ½ cup of cashews)
- 1 tablespoon of raw cocoa
- 1 tablespoon of chocolate protein (you can substitute with extra cocoa either)
- 1 tablespoon of organic honey
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
Protein ball coating
- 80g of melted dark chocolate (I used 80%)
- 1 (55g) Fulfill cookies and cream bar
1. Blend a Fulfil cookies and cream protein bar in a food processor and set aside in a bowl.
2. Place all the protein ball ingredients into a food processor and whiz them all up together.
3. Add more coconut oil or honey if needed.
4. Roll the mixture into balls and place on a tray.
5. Melt the dark chocolate in a bowl over boiling water in a saucepan (be careful not to let water get into your melting chocolate as this is how my friend had a hiccup).
6. Roll each protein ball into the melted chocolate and sprinkle the blended fulfil bar that you set aside over each protein ball.
7. Place them in the fridge for an hour until chocolate is set.