Halloween time is so exciting, the kids are getting ready for the spooky season (and adults too of course!). A lot more time is spent at home as the evenings get darker and colder. If you have extra time to spend at home while the kids are off school, this is a nice treat to make brownies, fun to bake and delicious to eat! This recipe is great for everyone as you can take your own spin on it and decorate how you wish! So rummage through the cupboards and be as creative as possible with your creations! We have some great bakers here at INNOVU Insurance who we hope will be bringing these brownies into the office!
- 200g Dark Chocolate (70%+ cocoa content)
- 200g Unsalted Butter or Baking Spread
- 3 Large Eggs (or 4 medium)
- 275g Caster Sugar
- 100g Plain Flour
- 50g Cocoa Powder
- 100g White Chocolate (Chips/Chunks)
- 100g Milk Chocolate (Chips/Chunks)
- 100g Dark Chocolate (Chips/Chunks)
- Preheat your oven to 180C/160C Fan and line a 9″ Square baking tray with parchment paper.
- Melt together the unsalted butter/baking spread, and dark chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of boiling water, on the microwave for 1-2 minutes until melted. Leave to the side to cool.
- Whisk together the eggs & caster sugar for a few minutes until the colour has turned pale( it should leave a trail for a couple of seconds before disappearing)
- Pour the cooled chocolate mix over eggs and fold together carefully.
- Sift the cocoa powder and plain flour on top of the chocolate mix and then fold together again, carefully!
- Fold through the chocolate chips and pour into the prepared tin.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes!
- Once baked, leave to cool in the tin completely. Decorate how you wish, be creative!
We hope you really enjoy making these brownies! If you do make sure to tell us how they went on our Facebook or Instagram pages we would love to know!
You can find the original recipe here: https://www.janespatisserie.com/2018/08/06/triple-chocolate-brownies/