Delicious Chocolate Roulade That Your Family Will love!
Hi again, Im back with a really simple Chocolate Roulade recipe. I made
it again over the weekend and it didn’t las too long with my family around.
I love this recipe as there are very few ingredients. It is easy to adapt,
sometimes I added the berries to the roulade or to vary it a bit I would serve
with raspberry coulis on the side. Or if feeling in need of a chocolate boost,
I would fill with chocolate mousse instead of cream. Yum!
It is a recipe that can be prepared the day before, by cooking the sponge and
whipping the cream, if you are short on time, lovely for Christmas day.
Chocolate Roulade Ingredients
175g plain chocolate
175g caster sugar
6 eggs, seperated
300ml double cream
- Lightly grease a swiss roll tin & line with parchment paper.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of hot water. Allow to cool slightly.
- Place sugar & egg yolks in a bowl & whisk on a high speed until light & creamy.
- Add cooled chocolate & stir until evenly blended.
- Whisk egg whites until stiff. Fold into the chocolate mixture.
- Pour into prepared tin & level out mixture.
- Bake for about 20 minutes until firm to touch.
- Remove from the oven, leave in the tin & place on a cooling rack.
- When cold, turn out onto a sheet of greaseproof paper.
- Gently remove the lining paper from the cake.
- Whip the cream until it holds its shape.
- Spread evenly over the cake.
- Sprinkle with fruit if using.
- Lift long side of paper & guide cake into a rolling position, then continue to the end.
- Trim off ends & serve.
You should try this recipe out over the weekend. It’s a beautiful recipe for Christmas
Image Source: the times.co.uk