Make A Chocolate Biscuit Cake This Mother’s Day
Here’s a really easy, fast but super chocolately cake to make for your Mam for Mother’s Day. I made it in a heart shape tin for the day that’s in it. It’s a great recipe that children will love helping out. This particular recipe is from the chef Kevin Dundon but I suggest a few alternative ingredients below. Everyone loves this in my house so I will be making it, have a great Mother’s Day weekend!
225g Dark Chocolate
110g Milk Chocolate
110g Glace Cherries (optional)
3tbsp Golden Syrup
110g Mini Marshmallows
225g Digestive Biscuits
- Line an eight inch/23cm square cake tin with a double layer of cling film or parchment paper.
- Place the butter, chocolate & golden syrup into a large bowl and place over a saucepan of simmering water.
- When the chocolate mixture has thoroughly melted, add in the biscuits, malteasers, cherries and mix well.
- Pour the chocolate and biscuit mixture into the lined cake tin and stick the mini marshmallows into the top in a haphazard fashion.
- Transfer to the fridge and allow to set.
- Cut into squares and drizzle with some melted white chocolate if desired.
I use whatever biscuits I have in the press, so ginger nuts, rich tea, digestives etc. I don’t normally add the glace cherries myself. Or I substitute the marshmallows for chopped nuts. If you like it a bit lighter, swap the chocolate measures around so 225g milk chocolate and 110g Dark Chocolate.
I hope this gives you a chacne to spend some quality time with your family this weekend, call them over for a cup of tea and a chat! #LookingOutForYouAlways
Here Is A Snap Of My Chocolate Biscuit Cake
Credit: Kevin Dundon www.supervalu.ie